Awards

Soooo coool !!!!!

Luthien has given me awards ! Thanks Luthien, that was so nice of you. I haven't been on the blog world for a long time, and I already receive gratitude. You are making more than my day...

Cause I'm thinking... Why are we blogging really ? To share what we have in our heads and on our hands (as in creativity), our feelings, our knowledge ? Do we blog to make new friends ? Did it ever occur to you that we are making "friends" we will probably never meet in real life ? Sometimes, we might even share deeper feelings than with our next door friend. Is it easier because we are judged only by people who share the same feelings, or do the same thing ?

From my point of vue, I think we need to be recognized by who we REALLY are or what we are doing. I think that is why I am making and selling jewelry. Because I need to leave a trace, a personal touch in this world. Each piece I am making is unique and really made with love, some for people I know, some for people I don't. But my reward is to know that somewhere in this world, someone is wearing my "creativity". That is one way I am making a difference...

Look, I am not bragging at all here, or being self-centered or whatever you want to call it. This would not be me. I just feel that we all need to be recognized and liked, or loved. That what makes us raise in the morning and shine.

So, the awards Luthien ? I know, it is nothing. But still, it's make more than my day. It is the collection of them will make my life...

By the way, if you had not done so, go visit her blog. Luthien is an elf, a real one, at least in the blog world...

OK, tomorrow, I will be awarding my rewards then, as I am supposed to do so.
See you all...

4 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there!

Thanks for your visit today. I hope you'll come again. I've enjoyed visiting you too.

Hugs!
Kat

Luthien Thye said...

well said EJ :) hahaha! that's was nice! i really wanna be an elf! you know what... when you said leave a trace in this world with your creations... struck a cord in me... once again. i've been getting 'messages' like these yesterday and today. yesterday i was just telling sharon from manamoon studios (btw, should visit her if you haven't... she does some beautiful jewelry as well) i have never sold my stuff to strangers... yea... i sold a couple here and there to friends... but never in public... it would be nice to know that someone somewhere ... someone i dunno... owns something i created, wouldn't it. ... yet... *sigh* so many questions in my head :) no answers yet!

Earth Jeweler said...

Hey Luthien-the-Elf (to me you are one :)), I am glad you liked my post !!

I would be happy to try to sell your jewelry on my website, even just a piece of two, under your name of course. After all, we do very different things, but with the same type of philosophy, our love for beautiful earth creations, with a personal touch of (wo)man-made love...
So, maybe, one day, someone you "dunno" will wear your beautiful creations....

Luthien Thye said...

EJ! that's so kind of you... thank you! hmm... perhaps someday i'll think of doing jewelry :) i don't think i wanna sell yet until i learn how to craft them as well... it still feels that that the creative process don't solely belong to me... i would really really like to cast silver... i think it's fascinating! but i must find time and space. i watched my friend cast silver and the chemicals she use looks really ... not-child-friendly! so i can't do this at home definitely. but yea... one day perhaps... i'll take you up on that offer ;)